Shirley’s Place Hospitality Host (Part-Time Internship)
The purpose of the Hospitality Host Internship at Capitol Hill Group Ministry (CHGM) is to provide assistance to the day center staff and support services to low-income and homeless consumers that visit “Shirley’s Place” – a Day Hospitality Center on Capitol Hill. The part-time position is a 3 month unpaid internship where the selected candidate will work a set schedule of roughly 18 hours weekly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Program Manager and Shirley’s Place staff with daily administrative needs.
- Assist in supervising activities and services at the Day Center
- Offer information and guidance to families who are seeking shelter information or other resources by phone and in person
- Process in-kind donations and interface with CHGM donors and volunteers
- Maintain client and organizational resource database
- Assist Shirley’s Place guests with basic case management by getting to know their needs and assisting them in connecting with internal or external services providers.
- Able to research city services and maintain Homeless Services Database Spreadsheet.
- Undergraduate Degree in Social Work, Sociology, or psychology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be personable, well organized and assertive
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work with at-risk populations (experience is a plus)
- Ability to be flexible in support of the varying needs of participating families (experience is a plus)
- Must be able to participate in the entire length of the 3 month internship.
- Ability to engage with at-risk persons through direct service work
- Gain a skillful knowledge base for social services within DC
- Network with Partnering agencies to build stronger resources/alliances
- Obtain credited hrs towards field work experience
- Experience a holistic approach towards transformation
How to apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com or you may fax information to (202) 544-3863. Academic Recommendations will be needed upon request. No phone calls please.